Last Updated: March 1, 2013
SpeedFriendingEvents.com, L.L.C. (“SFE”, “us”, “we”) understands that the privacy of its members, subscribers, guests and/or visitors (collectively, “Members”, “you” or “your”) is very important. We developed this Policy to ensure that your privacy is protected while using any of the SFE Websites.
1. A Special Note About Children. Children under eighteen years of age are prohibited from using the SFE Websites or any SFE services. We ask that children not submit information to us. Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
SFE Websites also use “cookies” to store and sometimes track information to make your online experience easier and more personalized. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s storage drive. Cookies may record information a user accesses on one webpage to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user, or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related webpages. Cookies make it easier for a user to move from webpage to webpage and to complete transactions over the Internet. Most major web browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you may modify your computer’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to disable the ability of third parties to download a cookie to you. If you choose to reject all cookies, there are areas of SFE Websites that may not function properly. You may obtain further information about cookies and how they function at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie. We may also use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons or 1×1 “gifs” and other similar technologies (collectively “Pixel Tags”), to track your use of the SFE Websites. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Members and may be associated with cookies on the Members’ storage drives. We also may include Pixel Tags in advertisements or promotional or other e-mail messages, or to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information enables us to customize the services we offer. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other SFE Website users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on any SFE Website, we may collect such information into a file that is accessed only by authorized SFE personnel or representatives. We may also collect other Members’ comments about you.
On some of the SFE Websites, you may choose to use our referral service to tell a friend or friends about us. In this case, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address and email your friend an invite to him or her to visit an SFE Website. We maintain this information for the sole purpose of sending email and tracking the status of the referral. Your friend or friends may use the unsubscribe function in the email or contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove their email address from our records.
3. Our Use of Your Personal Information. We use your Personal Information for many purposes, including emailing you with news and updates about the SFE Websites, improving and customizing our content and product offerings, analyzing SFE Website usage and delivering information targeted to your interests, such as banners and promotions. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information about the products and services provided by the SFE Websites or third parties.
If you have provided us certain Personal Information, we will also use it to facilitate your communication with other members by, for example, the use of the message center or delivery of “Cupid Reports” or “Ice Breakers”. Similarly, because of the nature of many of services provided by the SFE Websites, certain Personal Information will be disclosed to other Members. (For illustration purposes, if you complete a “dating” profile and choose to disclose your religious affiliation or ethnic origin, this information will be available to other Members using the services on the applicable SFE Website, and you have consented to its use in this manner.)
We may also use Personal Information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce any agreements, policies and rules governing the use of SFE Websites.
In many cases, providing your Personal Information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information to us, you will not be able to access all or some of our services.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information. We may share or transfer some or all of your Personal Information among our subsidiaries operating the SFE Websites so that they can send you information about their products or services that you may be interested in. We also disclose Personal Information to our service providers (for example, credit card processing companies, billing services) as reasonably necessary or appropriate to provide services on the SFE Websites. Because many of the SFE Websites operate or use service providers located in different countries, Personal Information may be transferred to a country in which you do not reside.
In response to compulsory (required) governmental and/or third party inquiries, we may disclose Personal Information to comply with a court order, subpoena, and search warrant. We expressly reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to enforce our agreements, policies, and rules governing your use of the SFE Websites, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
We DO NOT sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission or consent. We may, however, disclose to third-party advertisers for other marketing and promotional purposes certain aggregated information in a manner that no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
By using any of the SFE Websites, you consent to us providing any Personal Information you have provided to us, including Sensitive Personal Information, to the SFE Websites or to other third parties as described in this Policy.
5. Your Use of SFE Websites’ Members’ Information. You may not use another SFE Websites’ Members’ information, whether private or not, for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate those who misuse other Members’ information or who otherwise violate any user agreements, policies, or rules governing the use of any SFE Website.
6. Do Not Disclose Your Personal Information or Password. Please DO NOT post, share or disclose in public forums, for example, chat rooms, blogs, any Personal Information that you do not wish other Members to know. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Information to others. Similarly, you should never disclose or share your password with anyone else. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password and/or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Reviewing, Changing or Removing Your Personal Information. Once you register, you will be able to review and change much of your Personal Information including:
Please promptly update your information by logging in to your account and following the screen prompts. We strongly urge you to change your password periodically to help reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your account information. Upon your request, we will remove your credit card number and credit card expiration date from our main databases. To make this request, email us at email@example.com. Despite the foregoing and even though you have requested us to remove information, we will retain in our files certain data such as credit card information used to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, comply with credit card merchant banking and association agreements, enhance security, reduce fraud, comply with the law, or to enforce any agreements, policies, and rules governing your use of SFE Websites. Removed information also may persist in backup copies and/or other users’ caches. For example, any information exchange with other Members may remain in their e-mail boxes, computer caches, or instant message archive. Whether your exchanged information is kept by another Member is beyond the control of SFE. Any such information retained by SFE or under its control is not available to third parties except as provided in this Policy.
8. Third Party Collections of Information; Ad Tracking. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your Personal Information to others while using the SFE Websites or other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to its use, maintenance, or disclosure. SFE does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We may use third party companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies or Pixel Tags to measure advertising effectiveness.
9. Security. SFE Websites use reasonable security measures to help protect and prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use industry standard efforts, such as firewalls, to safeguard your Personal Information. While “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, or elsewhere, our technical staff works hard to help ensure your secure use of our services.
11. Location. SFE is located in the United States. If you are visiting any of the SFE Websites from outside the United States, you are on notice that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or other countries in which the SFE or its service providers are located. The data protection and other laws of the United States and these other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using any of the SFE Websites, you consent to us transferring your Personal Information (which includes, for the avoidance of doubt, your Sensitive Personal Information) from your country to the United States or countries in which the SFE or its service providers are located for the purposes described in this Policy.
12. Update/Delete/Opt-Out. You may request access to Personal Information we hold about you and we will provide this to you except in limited circumstances in which we are permitted not to. You may contact us to modify or delete your Personal Information from our database by: sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances if you choose to delete or opt-out depending on the case, we may have to terminate your existing account in situations where our systems don’t allow us to easily keep your account active and keep the necessary update in place.
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown or your username.
- Information from other sources. Speedfriendingevents.com is a part of a family of businesses, which as of the date of this policy includes austinvisuals.com and other companies and websites. We may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other of our businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of Speedfriendingevents.com advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may control the collection of data on our site used for targeted Speedfriendingevents.com advertising during your visits to other websites. To opt-out of Speedfriendingevents.com data collection for targeted advertising on other sites, click here: Opt Out Now. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, our owned family of companies, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, other IAC companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- provide Speedfriendingevents.com advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
- register you with and display your profile on other online dating and other social websites owned by our family of businesses, such as austinvisuals.com.Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information, which may include your name and contact information, prior education and experience, and other information you provided to us, may be shared with other of our owned companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Please review “Your choices about collection and use of your information” below.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Other of our owned businesses. We are part of a family of businesses which include the online websites Speedfriendingevents.com, austinvisuals.com. We may share information we collect, including your profile and personal information such as your name and contact information, photos, interests, activities and transactions on our website, with the our owned companies. As part of our online service, your profile may be registered on and/or appear in search results or other areas of other online dating websites owned by our owned companies. All of our owned companies comply with the Consumer Privacy statement.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with our owned companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account. When you register on our website, you will consent, or be given a choice as to whether you want, to receive email messages from us about special offers. You may modify this consent later by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by visiting the “Account Settings” page associated with your account after you have registered.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. See “Cookies” below for information about declining or deleting cookies.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
Austin, TX 78741
© Speed Friending Events, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our website do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Opting-Out of Advertising Cookies. You may opt out of our data collection for use by third party ad companies to provide targeted Speedfriendingevents.com advertising to you when you visit other sites. Cookies are unique to each computer. Therefore, you must opt out separately on all computers you use. If you delete all of your cookies (specifically, the “Opt-Out” cookie), you will have to go through the opt-out process again to reactivate your opted-out status. You can opt out of receiving such advertising-related cookies by clicking below:
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. Third parties may use anonymous information about your visits to our site and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.