10 More Crazy Things About Vaginas
At Speed Friending, we talk about a variety of topics, from Friends to Relationships. We sometimes offer crazy and informative insight into our own selves. This article
aims to educate you, since some may be curious. We did some research and found some interesting facts around the web that you may find interesting about the Vagina.
- The mighty clitoris is in the shape of a wishbone. The little hot button we all know and love is just the tip of the clitoral iceberg, and the Oh-Oh-Oh spot (aka, the G-spot) is probably where the vagina rubs up against the legs (crura) of the clitoris. So just like a woman, there’s more to a clitoris than what you see on the surface. So make a wish, baby!
- When your mother taught you to eat your veggies, she was onto something. Vegetables high in chlorophyll, like wheatgrass, parsley, and celery, are reputed to make vaginas smell and taste sweeter, as are fruits and spices like cinnamon, peppermint, and cardamom.
- The average vagina gets it on with four lifetime sexual partners. Keep in mind that 25% of women have only one lifetime sexual partner and 9% have more than 15, so it varies widely. (In case you were wondering, the avg. penis has 7 lifetime sexual partners.)
- Vaginas are self-cleaning. The vagina is designed to clean itself with secretions that are natural. When your wash your vagina, try to stay clear of perfumed soaps and antiseptics. This can upset the balance of pH levels and possibly lead to irritation.
- Female ejaculation most commonly occurs with manual stimulation of the G-spot with a finger pressing hard in a come hither motion. And apparently, it can be learned. One woman told me she couldn’t ejaculate until she knew the possibility existed. Another bisexual woman swears she can make any woman ejaculate. (A few women in the workshop I was leading volunteered to let her prove it!) Read more about exploring the mystical G-spot here.
- It’s possible to have two vaginas. In fact, you can have two cervixes and two uteruses too. Double the pleasure! It’s called uterine didelphys, and it’s a birth defect caused when the Mullerian ducts don’t fuse normally when you’re a fetus.
- For some African cultures, women weight their labia minora (inner lips) to stretch them and make them longer. In fact, one woman’s two labia, when spread out like a fan, spanned nine inches! So if you have long labia, consider yourself extra blessed.
- Pubic hair is not always the same color as the hair on your head. For some people, the carpet matches the drapes, that’s not the case for everyone. The presence of two distinct hair colors in the same person has a technical term called heterochromia.
- Hermaphrodites (the PC term is now “intersex”) really do exist. You deliver the baby and Mama asks, “Is it a boy or a girl?” And there’s dead silence because nobody can tell. So if you’re tempted to make fun of hermaphrodites, don’t. It’s a real problem and these people need your compassion, not your judgment.
- When you do a vaginal exam, the cervix feels very much like a nose with a hole in it.And here are two bonus facts!
- The average glans of the clitoris (the hot button part of it) measures 0.13 inches wide and 0.21 inches long. (And yes, one researcher did pull out a ruler to determine this handy dandy little fact.) 5% of women have a clitoral glans smaller than 0.10 inches, 75% measure between 0.1 and 0.26 inches, and 20 percent measure between 0.26 and 0.59 inches.
- Some women have vaginas large enough that they need a speculum nearly as big as your forearm in order to get a Pap smear.
So there you go! So please, talk about vaginas. Share this post with your friends. The more we know, the more empowered we will be.